Thursday, April 1, 2010

Parker Drops Out And Endorses Mo Brooks

http://mobrooksforcongress.com/n/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Feb-5-News-Conference.jpg
To the chagrin of Parker Griffith, 2008 GOP nominee for U.S. Rep., Wayne Parker, is endorsing Madison County Commissioner Mo Brooks instead of the party anointed convert Parker Griffith:
"I thought this was the best way to support and elect a consistent conservative voice for North Alabama," Parker said in an interview after making the announcement at a morning news conference. "I have endorsed Mo Brooks and asked those who supported me in the past to consider supporting Mo."
I am sure Mo will be really happy about this, but I don't know that it changes the race all that much. Mo and Les still have an up hill challenge in defeating Griffith with the party establishment behind him.