Friday, April 2, 2010

Segall Won't Challenge Mike Rogers In Alabama 3rd

http://www.segallforcongress.com/images/header_press2.jpg
2006 Democratic nominee Josh Segall will not be challenging GOP incumbent Mike Rogers in this year's Congressional elections, per his website:
After much thought and careful consideration, I have decided not to pursue the office of US Representative for Alabama's Third District. So many of you have been incredibly supportive of my run, and I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your advice, encouragement, and efforts. I am immeasurably proud and appreciative of what we have accomplished together....etc

Well it was shaping up to be even more of an uphill battle for Josh than it was 2 years ago. Unfortunately for the Dems, with the filing deadline being today, it leaves them with little time to seek a replacement. If one is found, rest assured they will probably be a ballot token for Rogers to steamroll over.