Thursday, December 2, 2010

'I don't believe in luck or destiny'

Arya is on a roll now. After the critically acclaimed Naan Kadavul, his last two films Madrasapattinam and Boss E Bhaskaran have done extremely well at the box office. Suddenly the light eyed actor has become the golden boy of Tamil cinema.

His new film, Manigandan's Chikku Bukku which also stars Shriya Saran and Preetika Rao, will hit the screens this Friday.

Arya made his debut in late Jeeva's Ullam Ketkume. Mangandan was an assistant director to Jeeva then.

Arya, who is currently shooting for National Award winning director Bala's new film, tells Shobha Warrier what to expect from Chikku Bukku. Excerpts:

Manigandan was an assistant director to Jeeva when you made your debut in Jeeva's film...

When I started shooting for Ullam Ketkume, my first film, he took me under his wing and taught me how to face the camera, how to modulate my voice, etc. I was very new to films then, very raw. He was the person who taught me how to say my dialogues.

How was it working for his first film as an independent director?

I was very comfortable because I know him from day one. I knew how talented he is, how he works, what his vision is and how technically sound he is. So, I trusted him blindly.