Thursday, June 8, 2006

Pandora

I thought I would explain what the new tab to the right it where it says "My Favorite Songs" because it's been bugging me that it says that. I use a program called Pandora to listen to music sometimes while I'm working or browsing the web. It lets you create music "stations" based on music you tell it you like. Each station would start out from a band that you specify, then the program tries to introduce you to new music that has similar qualities to the band you originally named. You can then tell it if it sucks or not. I find that it works great for me if I just let it know what I don't like and only occasionally give a thumbs up to some song I think is particularly good.

Anyway, it let's you create a "favorites" list so you don't forget about stuff and let's you link that list to your blog, which I did. It automatically makes it say "my favorite songs" as opposed to "songs of the week" or "stuff I might get sometime". For the most part, they are all songs I like, but don't own. Some I have heard before but many of them were introduced to me by Pandora.