Monday, March 28, 2011

UNISON NEC Elections 2011: Community Service Group General



This morning I received a letter from UNISON headquarters telling me that I had been elected unopposed as a National Executive Council (NEC) member for UNISON Community Service Group - General seat. 

I must admit to being just a little disappointed that there will not be a full contest but this will free up my time to support other sensible left comrades who will be fighting contested seats.  Many thanks to all the branches with Community members who nominated me.  I am really proud to be one of the first two Community NEC members of UNISON. Congratulations to Isobel McVicar from Manchester City Branch who was also automatically elected.

I will take up this seat for two years after the UNISON National Delegate Conference in June. 

In the meanwhile my many good comrades in UNISON United left have sent me this YouTube video above to celebrate the occasion.  

 :)