Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I did it first


Last month Mike and Rebecca asked me to take some family portraits of them with their new kitten Spoons to give out for Xmas. It was a pretty fun shoot but I am figuring out that I am not a huge fan of studio photography. I feel as if it has more to do with fiddling with equipment to get a good shot than adapting to the location and the difficulties that come along with it. I guess I just prefer natural outdoor lighting though. Although I understand how that can seriously limit the type of shooting a photographer can do which I why I appreciate taking artificial lighting to an outdoor setting. A stunning example is Brooks Reynolds' We are Sleeping Giants. Night shots have always been difficult for me, even more so with the digital age. One of these days I'll get it though.