Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Man Camping


Last weekend Mike, Ryan, and myself headed up to Algonquin for a Portaging trip. It was first time in the provincial park so I didn't know exactly what to expect. The weather forecast was against us even up until the day we departed, yet suprisingly the weather was mostly cooperative. I say mostly because it was almost always warm and sunny except for Friday night when the thunderstorm literally turned our tent into a waterbed. While our tent leaked I tried to seal the seams with some (appropriately named) seam sealer. Unfortunately it covered my hands in an insoluble plastic chemical. My solution was to run outside the tent and clean my hands. Well it didn't get 2 feet away before I was soaked to the bone. I could not see the opposite shore through the dense rain and the thunder could make you jump right out of your knickers. I am actually extremely surprised we didn't get hit by lighting in our tent.
We did manage to make it out alive and enjoy the rest of the weekend. Please enjoy the photos I managed to grab. We have a baby snapping turtle, a moose, our canoe, and our resident model Michael.