Thursday, January 3, 2008

Mitt Romney Attack Ads Against Huckabee are Downright Creepy

Not watching much television these days. The writers strike has seen to that. Never did watch much to begin with, but with sorry repeat episodes, even CSI is not worth the time.

Did read The Kite Runner after seeing the movie first. Would love to sit and pen a beautiful soul searching post about both, but there's not enough time in a day to do everything I need and want to do. Usually, I end up picking what I need to do, although, this week went by in a blur. Here it is almost Friday and I'm barely going to make it to the bank (they close at 3:00 p.m.). Lately this crunch for time has been short changing my ability to adequately express myself and successfully update the blog. Blogging is a challenge, it's not all fun and games. But, I love what I do and wouldn't have it any other way. Would you?

Mike Huckabee on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. The premiere episode without writers. I had to watch. Jay was funny. Huckabee? The man blew me away. No wonder he is so well liked in Iowa. I'm not sure if he could top Dodd as my choice for President, but this is a guy I certainly would like to have as a my friend.

He's cool. Very funny. Yes, I know the banter was scripted, but without writers, it had to be Huckabee's own staff. Jay played along so well, one could barely detect the inherent phoniness. Plus, for all you celebrity politician people, Huckabee is a true rock star. The man plays a mean bass guitar. Oh, he's the real deal, people. I think the Republicans have found themselves a winner.

Problem with the Republicans is they want a true conservative. This is going to be tight, but I'm going to go on the record again by saying, if the Republicans nominate him, Huckabee will win. He's one of the few -- if the only -- Republican candidate Democrats will be able to stomach.

Yes, the caucuses play on. As do the political advertisements. I came across two about Huckabee that really bring the message of celebrity politics home. It's bad enough using celebrity endorsements to win votes, as Huckabee and many others in this campaign have done. I can't really blame Huckabee for succumbing to a pack mentality.



On the other hand, this Mitt Romney attack ad leaves me speechless.



I know it's because I have to get to the bank, running out of time, and can't really put what I'm thinking into words.

The Romney campaign looks like it's slipping into a downward spiral. If this is the work of his biggest and brightest, Romney has trouble - BIG TROUBLE - in River City.

Come on. Are we stupid? Cartoon Chuck knocking out two dimensional Mike? Is this what the presidency boils down to? Yes, the roundhouse kick is creepy. It's not just the perception of certain bloggers who, from what I can glean, don't support Huckabee. The Romney ad is a whole new level of idiot politics. It may be the first time a candidate attacked a rival by referring to the rival's celebrity endorsement.

I'm creeped out just by writing about it.