Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I can do video!

I can post video now! Unfortunately it's pretty low quality, like youtube, so a lot of the stuff i would want to post would look crappy. Therefore i probably won't be doing it much.

Last year, when i was photographing my Lionhead VR, i spent a while waiting for the weather to get better. Fisher wasn't interested in waiting for the weather, since he's all about action. So i was trying to figure out a way to keep him busy and decided to teach him that he could eat blueberries if he wanted too. It only took about 5 minutes and then he was off foraging for berries. Blueberries have been out of season for a year until recently, and the other day on a mountain Fisher began eating them without me prodding him to do so. I was impressed that being taught just once, he remembered a whole year later that blueberries are good. I never thought about teaching a dog useful real world knowledge instead of silly tricks.

Here's a video of Fisher foraging for berries. After eating a bunch of them, he started eating some other berries that i have no knowledge about. I had to stop him out of fear that he'd poison himself. Later i found out they were supposedly Lingonberries, and they're ok to eat. So i guess he was applying his knowledge.